Tác giả Chủ đề: After Birdies On Nos  (Đã xem 6 lần)

AundreaAve

• Neuling
  • Bài viết: 42
  • I'm a 42 years old and study at the college (Nursing). In my free time I teach myself Swedish. I have been there and look forward to returning sometime near future. I like to read, preferably on my ipad. I really love to watch Bones and Arrested D
    • Xem hồ sơ cá nhân
After Birdies On Nos
« vào: 10. Tháng Tám 2018, 12:26:50 »
FORT Worth, Texas (AP) — Justin Rose closed with a 6-under 64 and finished at 20 below Sunday at Colonial for a 3-stroke victory over defending U.S. Open champion Brooks Koepka within the Fort Value Invitational.

It was the ninth career PGA Tour victory for Rose, the 37-yr-previous Englishman and No. 5 player on the earth who also won his 2017-18 season debut in October at the HSBC Champions in Shanghai. He is the fifth participant with a number of wins this season. Rose acquired practically $1.Three million and a plaid jacket for successful at Hogan’s Alley.

"Actually, really happy with this one," Rose said. "It is a particular victory for me. I believe obviously just profitable here at this venue I think is de facto what means a lot. A tournament that I pick up the trophy and the very first thing I saw was Ben Hogan's identify twice. It form of says so much."

Koepka shot 63, but had started the day 4 strokes behind Rose in the final group. Emiliano Grillo had a sixty four to finish third at 16 below.

While Rose missed matching Zach Johnson’s 2010 tournament scoring document of 259 because of bogey on the 72nd gap, first-spherical leader Kevin Na matched the course file with a closing sixty one and finished fourth at 14 below.

Fourth-ranked Jon Rahm shot 68 and was tied for fifth at 10 underneath with Louis Oosthuizen (68) and Kevin Tway (67).

The Fort Price Invitational was Justin Rose's to lose on Sunday, and he didn't let up.

The win at Colonial, the longest-working PGA Tour occasion nonetheless played at its original site (since 1946), adds to a formidable record of conventional courses where Rose has gained.

Rose got his first PGA Tour win at Muirfield Village within the 2010 Memorial, and gained the 2013 U.S. Open at Merion. His 11 international victories embody the 2014 Scottish Open at Royal Aberdeen Golf Membership, and the 2007 Volvo Masters at Valderrama in Spain.

After birdies on Nos. 1 and a couple of for the third day in a row, Rose gave up a stroke at the troublesome 459-yard third when his drive went right into a fairway bunker and he hit from there into the rough.

Rose acquired that stroke back with a 23-foot birdie putt on the 474-yard fifth gap, the toughest at Colonial, to restore his result in 4 over Koepka.

"That kick began the momentum on the entrance 9," he stated.

Koepka’s highlight shot of the day was birdie blast out of a greenside bunker on the sixth hole to get to thirteen underneath. However Rose instantly responded by making his 12-foot birdie putt. Rose had a 5-stroke lead, his largest, after a 10-foot birdie at the ninth hole got him to 19 beneath.

Na tapped in for a birdie at the 435-yard 18th gap to match his profession-finest score and develop into the seventh PGA Tour golfer with a 9-below spherical at Colonial — the primary since Chad Campbell within the third round in 2004. Na also shot a 61 in the third spherical of the 2010 Wyndham Championship in Greensboro, North Carolina.

After an opening 62 that ended with a 92 foot chip-in from the rough when he ended his first spherical at No. 9, Na fell back in the sector with a seventy three within the second spherical and then shot even par Saturday.

Jordan Spieth made a short birdie at No. 18 on Sunday for a closing sixty eight to finish 5 beneath and tied for 32nd at Colonial, the place he had a win and two runner-up finishes the past three years. The No.